Imphepho (the flowers of the everlasting family Helichrysum) is used in South African traditional medicine to heal physical and spiritual ailments. This indigenous plant is an all-purpose herb that is used for internal and external cleansing. 🍃
Herbal teas are our favourite way to start the day and unwind at the end of a long day. Besides their great taste, the health benefits of herbal teas aid in digestion, stimulate brain function and boosts the immune system. This organic tea is caffeine-free and calorie-free.
The health benefits of Mphepho Herbal Tea include:
- Pain reduction – serves as an anti-inflammatory that helps with soreness such as period pains, headaches and sore coughs.
- Boosts immune system – contains antibacterial properties that can help prevent illness.
- Prevents chronic diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes – high in antioxidants, which work to eliminate free radicals throughout the body and prevent oxidative stress.
- Improves the digestive system -Helichrysum improves blood flow to the entire digestive tract and eliminates free radicals that can cause an upset stomach and indigestion. It also enable your digestive tract to absorb nutrients with more ease.
- Stimulates brain function – when consumed regularly, Helichrysum increases blood flow to the brain, providing it with nutrients and essential oxygen for a healthy mind.
- Relaxation and peaceful sleep – aids in sleep disorders such as insomnia and restless sleep.
How to prepare:
Use one tea bag per cup. Simply add 180ml-200ml of freshly boiled water and leave to brew for 3-5 minutes.
- Citrus – adding a slice of citrus fruit (lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit) can sweeten your tea and serve as a great source for Vitamin C in your drink.
- Ginger – adds a great taste to your Mphepho tea which can compliment its health benefits, as ginger contains several medicinal properties which can help cure and prevent illness.
- Honey – a sweet and healthier alternative to sugar, which also contains antioxidants that can help ease flu symptoms such as a sore throat.
- Mint – can help sooth an upset stomach and improve digestion.
Our tea is made with unbleached teabags which are shipped from spice.boutique, Scotland. We chose this environmentally friendly alternative to the conventional bleached teabag because we believe that healing is as important to the earth as it is to the human body and spirit. The bleaching of these materials takes place in pulp mills located near large bodies of water, which are used to dispose of the chlorinated compounds, dioxins and other harmful chemicals which have the potential to cause significant environmental damage.
Mphepho tea has both short-term and long-term health benefits. In this cold winter, it can help you beat flu and stay healthier in the long run.